Elder LAW and special needs
O'Leary-Guth Law Office, S.C. handles certain aspects of elder law planning.
Elder law and special needs planning focus on the issues that affect us as we or members of our family experience aging and helping people with special needs and their families plan for the future. For many clients, this involves finding good resources for long-term care and finding the best ways to pay for it, including preserving assets and income for a spouse and/or preserving assets to be passed on to descendants. Often simultaneously, the focus is on making sure wishes are honored and autonomy is maintained as much as possible for special needs individualds and individuals advancing in age.
we are here to help
O'Leary-Guth Law Office, S.C. assists clients with a variety of legal issues focused on elder and disability law and special needs planning, including:
- Planning for a nursing home stay or long-term care;
- Qualifying and applying for Medicaid (Title 19), income benefits, housing benefits, and medical assistance;
- Seeking guardianship of a parent, child, or other loved one;
- Transition planning for a child with a disability as he/she reaches adulthood;
- Drafting and utilizing special needs trusts to preserve assets and maintain a standard of living; and
- Drafting advanced directives and other estate planning documents to carry out wishes and maximize planning opportunities.
We also maintain close relationships with local agencies and community resources, as well as other professionals who focus on these issues, so that we can guide clients to the best possible solutions for their particular situation.
Schedule an appointment with us today.
Meet with a knowledgeable attorney who specializes in your area of law.
1251 W. Glen Oaks Lane, Mequon, WI 53092
F: (262) 238-6999